Want to get involved
There are many ways to assist the RJ community, such as reading support in Primary classrooms, as helper on excursions, Canteen food preparation, and assisting with fundraising activities e.g. Mothers Day Stall, RJ Spring Festival
Before assisting at RJ, Volunteers are required to provide a Working With Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number and their date of birth (for verification only).
- Step 1:www.check.kids.nsw.gov.au and apply online for a free Volunteer’s WWCC, if you don't have one already.
- Step Two: Once you have received the WWCC Application number, please attend a Roads & Maritime Services office with identification.
- Step Three: Once you have received the WWCC Clearance number, send this number to Admin@rjas.nsw.edu.au together with your date of birth (for verification purposes only).
- Step Four: Your number will be verified by the School and the WWCC Clearance number and the expiry date will be added to the Edumate records.
- Step Five: You may now be involved in student based activities unless advised otherwise by the School (i.e. you will be advised if the verification is unsuccessful).
Volunteers are expected to read the Volunteers' Handbook to ensure they are well informed about the School's expectations and safety procedures. Volunteers will sign in and out at the relevant Reception area.
Please email email@example.com if you have a particular interest in Volunteering activities. We would be delighted to talk with you further about such opportunities.
I love helping the little ones read. I get great pleasure in seeing their enthusiasm towards learning and their improvements each week.